Yes, there is an adoption fee — $199 for a dog, $49 for a cat — which is ½ to ⅓ of what a shelter or rescue usually charges. And a portion of the profits will go to benefit local shelters. It is paid to Get Your Pet only after the Guardian transfers their pet to you. This fee entitles you to:
- a legal adoption document;
- a voucher for a pet exam by a participating Get Your Pet Vet;
- a certificate for 30 days’ pet insurance from Trupanion (offer varies in California);
- money-saving in-store coupons valuable for those who live near Pet Valu stores;
- $40 off pet care services with Rover, the nation’s largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers (new Rover customers only);
- re-list the pet on our site if the adoption doesn’t work out.
For details on the adoption package, see What does it cost?