Get Your Pet is an online platform (“Site”) with mobile and social media applications (“Applications”) that allows pet owners (“Guardians”) and those desiring to be pet adopters (“Adopters”) (Guardians and Adopters are collectively referred to as “Users”) to meet online and arrange for home-to-home animal (“Animal”) adoption directly with each, among other services (“Services”) and content (“Content”).
The terms “we”, “us”, “our”, and “Get Your Pet” refer to Get Your Pet, LLC, a Pennsylvania limited liability company and its successors in rights. “You”, “User”, “Users”, “Adopter”, Adopters”, “Guardian”, “Guardians” refer to any person accessing and/or using this website.
By accessing or using the Site, its Applications, Services or Content or by downloading or posting any content from or on the Site, you are agreeing that you have read, agree to comply with and be legally bound by tour Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”). These Terms govern your access to and use of the Site, its Services and all Content and constitute a binding legal agreement between you and Get Your Pet. If you access or use the Site, its Applications, Services or Content on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms and, in such event, “you” and “your” will refer and apply to you and that company or other legal entity. If you do not agree to these terms, then you should not access our website and may not arrange for Services or use this Site, its Applications, Services or Content.
In addition, certain areas of the Site, its Applications (and your access to or use of certain aspects of its Services or Content) may have different Terms, including different standards, guidelines, or policies posted and may require you to agree with and accept additional Terms. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the Terms posted for a specific area of the Site, the latter Terms will take precedence with respect to your use of or access to that area of the Site, its Services, or Content.
This Site is not intended for use by any person, and may not be used by any person, in any jurisdiction or country where such use would be contrary to law or regulation, or that would subject Get Your Pet to any registration or licensing requirement. Only Users located in the United States of America are eligible to use this Site for any purpose, including the listing, or applying to adopt any Animal.
We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate without notice your access to this Site, its Applications, Services or Content or any feature of this Site, its Applications, Services or Content at any time for any reason or no reason.
Failure to use the Site, its Applications, Services or Content in accordance with Get Your Pet’s Terms may subject you to civil and criminal penalties.
Get Your Pet reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify the Site, its Applications, Services or Content or to modify these Terms, including the Service Fees, at any time and without prior notice. If we modify these Terms, we will post the modification on the Site or otherwise provide an alternative form of notice of the modification. We will also update the “Last Updated” text at the bottom of the Terms. Your continued access or use the Site, its Applications, Services or Content after the effective date of any such modification, constitutes your acceptance of such modified agreement terms. If the modified Terms are not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease using the Site, its Applications, Services or Content.
A person under the age of 18 may only view the Site, its Applications, Services or Content with parental consent and supervision. A person under the age of 18 may not correspond with Guardians or Adopters. To be a Guardian, Adopter or User, you must be 18 years of age or older or such greater age required in the state where you reside.
Get Your Pet does not endorse any User or Pet Listing, and is not responsible or liable for the content of any User or Pet Listing, or any statements or actions of a User, Adopter or Guardian.
Financial terms for payments
Listing/Community Membership Fee for Guardians: There is no fee when a Guardian posts a Pet Listing, or uses getyourpet.com in any way. The service is free for Guardians.
Membership Requirement for Adopters: When an interested Adopter is ready to establish contact with a Guardian(s), request an in-person meet-up, and eventually set up a pet adoption, the Adopter must first join the Get Your Pet community. This entitles the Adopter to message in-site with as many Guardians as he or she wishes, with a view to eventually making meet-ups and an adoption.
Adoption Fee for Adopters: When a Guardian and Adopter agree on an adoption, which is signified by the Guardian physically transferring the Animal to the Adopter, the Adopter is asked to finalize the adoption by paying the adoption fee (“Adoption Fee”) and confirming transfer of ownership. The Adoption Fee entitles the Adopter to the “Adoption Package,” which covers the cost of a physical examination of the Animal by a Get Your Pet participating veterinarian, a legal adoption/transfer of ownership document, a certificate for 30 days’ pet insurance from Trupanion (offer varies in California), and, should the adoption not work out within 30 days, the right to re-list the adopted Animal on Get Your Pet free of charge. Regardless of which, or how many, of these services the Adopter elects to take advantage of, the Adopter must pay Get Your Pet a fee ($99 for a dog, $49 for a cat). Get Your Pet is not responsible or liable for the services performed by any veterinarian.
“Payment Method” means a payment method that you have added to your Get Your Pet Account, such as a credit card or debit card.
“Service Fees” means the Adoption Fees.
Cancellations and refunds
Get Your Pet services are provided on an “as is, where is” basis. Any complaints, problems, or issues should be submitted in writing to [email protected].
Mobile service charges
If Get Your Pet permits or makes available to you the ability to: (a) upload content to the website via your mobile telephone and/or tablet (“mobile device”); (b) receive and reply to messages, or to access or make posts using text messaging; (c) browse the site from your mobile device or (d) to access features through a mobile application you have downloaded and installed on your mobile device (collectively “Mobile Services”), your mobile carrier’s standard data, Internet, messaging and other service fees and charges apply to your use of, and access to, the Mobile Services, and you are solely responsible for all such fees and charges. The Mobile Services may not be compatible with all mobile devices, carriers, and services, and Get Your Pet does not make any representations or warranties regarding such compatibility. You are solely responsible for ensuring that your mobile device is compatible with the type of content being provided through the Mobile Services. You understand that content delivered as part of the Mobile Services may be delivered to your mobile device through premium Mobile Services and acknowledge that you are solely and exclusively responsible for any charges for such services, including but not limited to any roaming charges.
User conduct and prohibitions
The Site permits Users to submit or publish data, text, information, photos, links and other content (“User-Generated Content”). Such User-Generated Content may appear in, but is not limited to, personal and pet profiles, message boards, blogs, social networks, and comment boards on Get Your Pet (“User-Generated Websites”).
You are solely responsible for your conduct or any User-Generated Content that you submit or publish on Get Your Pet or communicate to other Users of Get Your Pet. Your information must be true, legal, accurate, and non-fraudulent. Get Your Pet is not responsible or liable for any User-Generated Content or User-Generated Websites.
Get Your Pet may access, preserve and disclose any User-Generated Content if we are required to do so by law, or if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary to respond to claims asserted against Get Your Pet or to comply with legal process (for example, subpoenas or warrants; to enforce or administer our agreements with users, such as these Terms; for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development and de-bugging purposes; or to protect the rights, property or safety of Get Your Pet, its Users, or members of the public.)
You acknowledge that Get Your Pet has no obligation to monitor your access to or use of the Site, its Applications, Services or Content or to review or edit any User-Generated Content, but has the right in its sole discretion to do so for the purpose of operating and improving the Site, its Services, and Content (including without limitation for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation and customer support purposes); to ensure your compliance with these Terms; to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body; to respond to User-Generated Content that it determines is otherwise objectionable or as set forth in these Terms. Get Your Pet reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, and without liability to you, any other User, or any third party to remove or disable access to any User-Generated Content that Get Your Pet, at its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable for any reason, including if it determines that such User-Generated Content is in violation of these Terms or otherwise harmful to the Site, its Applications, Services or Content.
Prohibitions of Users. – By using this Site, you agree as follows:
- You may not submit or publish any User-Generated Content that Get Your Pet, in its sole and absolute discretion, may deem to be inappropriate and/or would be deemed to violate our Terms, be for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or in violation of any international, federal, state law, or statute or to promote and/or encourage illegal or harmful activity.
- You may not submit or publish false, fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or incomplete User-Generated Content about yourself or your Animal (directly or by omission or failure to update information).
- You may not register for more than one Get Your Pet Account or register for a Get Your Pet Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself.
- You may not create a username that impersonates someone else, is or may be protected by trademark or proprietary rights law, or is vulgar, offensive or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- You may not submit or publish User-Generated Content that implies Get Your Pet endorsement, partnership or otherwise mislead others as to your affiliation with Get Your Pet;
- You may not submit or publish User-Generated Content that may dilute, tarnish or otherwise harm the Get Your Pet brand in any way, including through unauthorized use of Content, registering and/or using Get Your Pet or derivative terms in domain names, trade names, trademarks or other source identifiers, or registering and/or using domains names, trade names, trademarks or other source identifiers that closely imitate or are confusingly similar to Get Your Pet domains, trademarks, taglines, promotional campaigns or Content.
- You may not defame or libel Get Your Pet or act in such a way that brings into disrepute the good name of Get Your Pet.
- You may not post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any User-Generated Content that is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person, or is deemed inappropriate by Get Your Pet.
- Except as expressly authorized by Get Your Pet in writing or expressly permitted by these Terms, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, store, sell or otherwise access or use any information contained on the Site, its Applications, Services or Content. You may not infringe upon, violate or misappropriate the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights of Get Your Pet, including, but not limited to copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- You may not submit, publish and/or otherwise infringe upon, violate or misappropriate the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights of third parties, including, but not limited to copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- You may not express or imply sponsorship or endorsement by other User-Generated Websites.
- You may not submit or post User-Generated Content for commercial gain or purpose without Get Your Pet’s express prior written permission.
- You may not use our Site, its Applications, Services or Content to transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others, personal contact information or credit, debit, calling card or account numbers, without their permission.
- You may not engage in disruptive, circumventive, abusive or harassing behavior in any area or aspect of our Site, its Applications, Services or Content. You may not “stalk” or harass any other User of our Site, its Applications, Services or Content, or collect or store any personally identifiable information about any other User other than for purposes of transacting on the Site as a Guardian or Adopter.
- You may not solicit any User to join third-party services or websites including those that are competitive to Get Your Pet without Get Your Pet’s prior written approval.
- You may not recruit or otherwise solicit any User to join third-party services, applications or websites without our prior written approval.
- You may not impersonate any person or entity, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity.
- You may not use our Site, its Applications, Services or Content in connection with the distribution of unsolicited commercial email (“spam”) or advertisements to other Users or otherwise interfere with other Users’ enjoyment of the Site, its Applications, Services or Content.
- You may not use the Site, its Applications, Services or Content to find a Guardian or Adopter and then complete an adoption independent of the Site in order to circumvent the obligation to pay the Service Fees related to Get Your Pet’s provision of its Services or for any other reasons.
- You may not interfere with or damage our Site, its Applications, Services or Content, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, backdoors, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology.
- You may not use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Site, its Applications, Services or Content.
- You may not post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any malicious software of any kind intended to interfere with the operation of this Site or any server connected via this Site or any User of the Site. This includes, but is not limited to, computer programming that may systematically retrieve data or other content from our Site, its Applications, Services or Content to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like, whether by manual methods, through the use of bots, crawlers, or spiders, or otherwise; viruses, Trojan horses, worms, malware, and spam of any other sort.
- You may not use, display, mirror or frame the Site, its Applications, Services or Content, or any individual element within the Site, its Applications, Services or Content, Get Your Pet’s name, any Get Your Pet trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page in the Site, without Get Your Pet’s express prior written consent.
- You may not access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, Get Your Pet’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Get Your Pet’s providers.
- You may not attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Get Your Pet system or network or breach any security or authentication measures.
- You may not avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Get Your Pet or any of Get Your Pet’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Site, its Applications, Services or Content.
- You may not forge or use any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Site, its Services, or Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information.
- You may not attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site, its Services, or Content; use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of Site, its Services, or Content; collect any information about other Users (including usernames and/or e-mail addresses) for unauthorized purposes; reformat or frame any portion of the web pages or site images that are part of Site, its Services, or Content; create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses.
- No software from this Site may be downloaded or exported into (or to a national or resident of) any country other than the United States, including without limitation, Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Sudan or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or anyone on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any country other than the United States. Software from this Site may be further subject to United States Export laws, rules and regulations, as amended from time to time.
- You may not advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
- You may not unsubscribe from receiving emails sent by Get Your Pet which are deemed essential to the proper functioning of its site, dealing with subjects such as search, messaging, notification, adoption and the like. You may, however, unsubscribe from receiving emails dealing with matters of peripheral, general interest or the marketing of other services or products.
Guardian conduct and prohibitions
A Guardian may, in our discretion, list an Animal (“Pet Listing”) for adoption by Adopters. By listing an Animal, each Guardian agrees, and each Adopter understands, as follows:
- When you, the Guardian, transfer the Animal into the possession of the Adopter, you are no longer the Animal’s owner. By transferring the Animal you agree that you have no right to the Animal and are not responsible for the Animal. The Adopter owns the Animal, is responsible for the Animal, and owes Get Your Pet the Adoption Fee.
- You are the legal Guardian of the pet whose profile you are listing, and legally authorized to transfer possession of that pet to an Adopter.
- You are at least 18 years of age or legal age in your state of residence (whichever is greater).
- All information you provide will be truthful, accurate, complete and up to date to the best of your knowledge at the time provided and you will update any Pet Listings to keep them truthful, accurate and complete. You are solely responsible for the accuracy and completeness of such information.
- You are wholly responsible for fulfilling obligations both implied and stated in any Pet Listing you create and you may not post any Pet Listing that you do not intend to honor.
- You are solely responsible for complying with all applicable laws in connection with the delivery of an Animal to an Adopter.
- You understand that Get Your Pet reserves the right to suspend your account or revoke your right to use this Site or cancel a Pet Listing at any time for any reason and to report suspicious listings to appropriate law enforcement agencies.
- Animals are listed and adoptions made at the Guardian’s own risk and discretion. Get Your Pet has no decision-making authority with respect to the adoption process. The Adopter and Guardian are solely responsible for any and all communications and interactions, including, but not limited to, meet-ups.
- You acknowledge that the collection of a Final Adoption Fee helps to ensure, but does not guarantee that the Adopter’s intentions for the Animal are in the Animal’s best interest.
- You will not accept or receive any payment, in the form of cash, services, or property, for the adoption of any Animal listed on this Site. Your account may be suspended or your right to use this Site revoked, in Get Your Pet’s discretion, if you breach this covenant.
- You may not display any advertisement as part of your or your pet’s profile.
- You may not knowingly communicate with any User under the age of 18 or submit or post materials specifically intended or designed to attract the attention of children under the age of 18.
- You may not offer any Animal that you do not yourself own or have permission to post for adoption.
- You may not list any exotic Animal for adoption to the extent that it is not lawful to own such an Animal in the United States. Get Your Pet reserves the right to report any listing that may violate applicable law to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
- You may not list any Animal on our Site that has been found to be “dangerous” or “vicious” by any court of law or government agency. You also agree that each Animal you list on this Site does not pose an imminent threat of serious aggression towards people or other animals nor has the Animal shown any behaviors that could be defined as “dangerous” or “vicious.” Specifically, no dog listed by Guardian has been determined to be a “Bad Dog” or like determination under applicable law.
Additional Adopter conduct and prohibitions
Adopters may, in our discretion, contact Guardians for the purpose of pursuing the adoption of an Animal posted in a Pet Listing. By using this Site, each Adopter agrees to the following:
- When you, the Adopter, take possession of the Animal, you are the Animal’s owner. You are solely responsible for the Animal and for paying Get Your Pet the Adoption Fee.
- You are at least 18 years of age or of legal age in your state of residence (whichever is greater).
- Animals are adopted at the Adopter’s sole and absolute risk and discretion, including, but not limited to, the compatibility of any Animal, the health of any Animal, its temperament or fitness for a particular home or family circumstance. Get Your Pet does not conduct any research regarding the Animals or the Pet Listings, including without limitation the backgrounds of any Animal featured in User-Generated Content, and we are not responsible or liable for any information regarding the Animals, content of the Pet Listings, or actions of the Animal. Get Your Pet has no decision-making authority with respect to the adoption process. The Adopter and Guardian are solely responsible for any and all communications and interactions, including, but not limited to, meet-ups. Get Your Get makes no representation that a request for adoption will be accepted by any Guardian.
- All information provided by you is truthful, accurate, complete and up to date to the best of your knowledge.
- The Final Adoption Fee will be collected by Get Your Pet through the Payment Method at the time that the Guardian transfers possession of the Animal to the Adopter. Adopter will not personally make any payment to any Guardian.
- You will not apply to adopt any exotic animal that is not lawful in the United States. Get Your Pet reserves the right to report any application that may violate applicable law to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
Get Your Pet has the right to investigate and prosecute User, Guardian or Adopter violations of any of the above conduct to the fullest extent of the law. In addition, and as set in these Terms, Get Your Pet may take a range of actions against any Users, including, but not limited to deactivating or canceling Pet Listing(s) or Get Your Pet Account(s), for a violation of this Section or these Terms.
If you communicate and transact with anyone who you feel is acting or has acted inappropriately, including but not limited to anyone who engages in offensive, violent or sexually inappropriate behavior; you suspect may be attempting to steal from you; or engages in any other disturbing conduct, you should immediately report such person to the appropriate authorities and then to Get Your Pet by contacting us with your police station and report number. Your report will not obligate us to take any action beyond that required by law (if any) or cause us to incur any liability to you.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Site, its Applications, Services or Content (“Feedback“). You may submit Feedback by emailing us, through the “Contact” section of the Site or by other means of communication.
License to employ User-Generated Content
Get Your Pet permits you to transmit, submit or publish User-Generated Content in our sole discretion.
By transmitting, submitting or publishing User-Generated Content of any kind on or through the Site and its Services, or through Get Your Pet promotional campaigns or Feedback, you hereby grant to Get Your Pet and its agents a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual (or for the term of the protection), non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid license, with the right to sublicense, to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, prepare derivative works of, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, view, and otherwise exploit such User-Generated Content submitted to or published on the Site, its Applications, Services or Content and Get Your Pet’s (and its successors’ and assigns’) business for any purposes whatsoever including but not limited to the developing, advertising and marketing of the Site, its Applications, Services or Content in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party sites). Any such use is without compensation to the User. Get Your Pet does not claim any ownership rights in any such materials and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit any such material.
By submitting, posting, or displaying User-Generated Content on or through the Site and its Services, or through Get Your Pet promotional campaigns or Feedback, you represent to Get Your Pet that you own all User-Generated Content you provide and/or have the unencumbered legal right to grant the above-referenced license with respect to all User-Generated Content you provide. You further represent to Get Your Pet that such materials do not infringe any third party copyrights or other third party intellectual property rights. You agree to indemnify Get Your Pet for any and all losses, expenses and damages resulting from the invalidity or inaccuracy of such representation.
Intellectual property ownership and rights notices
This Site is owned by Get Your Pet and is protected under applicable intellectual property laws of the United States and other countries as well as by international treaties and conventions. Except as expressly authorized by Get Your Pet in writing or permitted by these Terms, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, store, sell or otherwise access or use any information contained on the Site, its Applications, Services or Content. You may not infringe upon, violate or misappropriate the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights of Get Your Pet, including, but not limited to copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
This Site and the Get Your Pet graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks or trade dress of Get Your Pet and may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not owned or operated by Get Your Pet or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers or in any manner that disparages or discredits Get Your Pet.
All other trademarks not owned by Get Your Pet that appear on this Site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Get Your Pet.
Copyright and copyright compliance
All content on this Site, other than content posted to this Site by any User, is the property of Get Your Pet or its or its partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties, and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
All software used on this site is the property of Get Your Pet or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
To ensure compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Get Your Pet will take action on receipt of notice of alleged copyright infringement.
Get Your Pet is committed to complying with U.S. copyright law and to responding to claims of copyright infringement. If you are a copyright owner or representative of the owner who believes that a User has submitted or uploaded material that infringes upon your United States copyrights, you may submit notification in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c) (“DMCA”). Get Your Pet will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the DMCA. Pursuant to the DMCA, notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to a Service Provider’s Designated Agent. Notification must be submitted to the following Designated Agent for this site in the manner described below:
Get Your Pet, LLC
ATTN: Legal Department, DMCA Copyright Notices
21 North Sugan Rd. 3^rd^ Floor
New Hope, Pa. 18938
For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide all of the following information when providing notice of the claimed copyright infringement:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity, and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit Get Your Pet to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Get Your Pet to contact the copyright owner, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
For more details on the information required for valid notification, see 17 U.S.C. 512 – Limitations on liability relating to material online.
You should be aware that, under the DMCA, claimants who make misrepresentations concerning copyright infringement might be liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of the material, court costs, and attorneys’ fees.
We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate without notice access to this Site, its Applications, Services or Content or any feature of this Site, its Applications, Services or Content at any time should you infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Get Your Pet or others.
Get Your Pet grants a nonexclusive, limited permission (“Permission”) to display the Trademarks contained in Get Your Pet domain names, brand names and logos to the owner(s) of any web sites (“Owner”) that would like to develop a link between their site and our Site. The materials on Owner’s site shall not imply any association with or relation to Get Your Pet or imply in any way that any content from our Site is maintained within Owner’s web site. No changes or modifications to the Get Your Pet domain names, brand names or logos may be made. Use of the Get Your Pet domain names, brand names or logos for purposes other than linking to our Site is expressly forbidden. The domain names, brand names and logos must not be used or associated with any obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, indecent, profane, defamatory or unlawful site or materials in any way, or in any manner that would adversely affect the name, reputation and goodwill of Get Your Pet or its products or services. Get Your Pet retains and reserves all rights in and to Get Your Pet‘s trade names, trademarks, copyrights and all other intellectual property with respect to its domain names, brand names and logos. Get Your Pet reserves the right to cancel the Permission at any time and for any reason. Upon receipt of such notification, use of the domain names, brand names or logos must cease and the link between the web sites must terminate. Use of Get Your Pet trademarks, trade names, logos, copyrighted material or any other intellectual property of Get Your Pet for any purpose not stated herein is expressly forbidden.
Get Your Pet’s Site, its Applications, Services or Content may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that Get Your Pet is not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by Get Your Pet of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources or the Content, products or services on or available from such websites or resources.
Get Your Pet may at any time revise this Linking Policy. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Linking Policy to which you are bound.
Warranties and Disclaimers
The Site, its Applications, Services or Content, including User-Generated Content and User-Generated Websites, are provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” without Warranty of any kind, either express, implied, statuary or otherwise. Without limiting the foregoing, Get Your Pet explicitly disclaims any warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, and any warranties arising out of course of dealing or usage of trade.
Get Your Pet makes no warranties or representations that the Site, its Applications, Services or Content will meet your requirements or be available in an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis or be free from viruses.
Get Your Pet makes no warranties or representations that any oral or written advice, opinion or information obtained from Get Your Pet in any way, including, but not limited to, its Site, its Applications, Services or Content, will be completely accurate, reliable, timely, non-infringing to third parties and any warranties or representations thereto are expressly disclaimed.
Get Your Pet makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of Users of the Site, its Applications, Services or Content and makes no representations or warranties as to their compatibility with any current or future Users of the Site, its Applications, Services or Content. We cannot and do not control the conduct of any Users of the Site, its Applications, Services or Content. We do not conduct criminal background checks, screen Users, research the backgrounds of Users or attempt to verify their statements.
You are solely responsible for all of your communications and interactions with other Users of the Site, its Applications, Services or Content, You agree to take all reasonable and necessary precautions in all communications and interactions with other Users of the Site, its Applications, Services or Content and with other persons with whom you communicate or interact as a result of your use of the Site, its Applications, Services or Content, including, but not limited to, Guardians and Adopters, particularly if you decide to meet offline or in person.
You acknowledge that Get Your Pet makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding a User’s interactions or ultimate compatibility with Animals met through this Site and explicitly disclaims all liability for any act or omission of any User or other third party and any claims between the Adopter and the Guardian regarding the transfer of an Animal. Get Your Pet makes no representations or warranties as to the compatibility of any Animal with any current or future User, about the health of any animal, its temperament or fitness for a particular home or family circumstance, the owner of the Animal or the enforceability of the transfer of the Animal between the Guardian and the Adopter. We do not conduct research the backgrounds of any Animal featured in User-Generated Content, including, but not limited to, Pet Listings.
Get Your Pet owes no duty to independently verify the accuracy or completeness of any statement made by any sources using Get Your Pet’s Site, its Applications, Services or Content or publishing User-Generated Content. This Site may contain information relating to nutrition and various medical, health and fitness conditions of pets and their treatment, including, but not limited to User-Generated Websites and User-Generated Content. This is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by your own veterinarian or other veterinary professional trained and qualified to diagnose a pet’s health or fitness problem or disease. You should always consult your own veterinarian and/or veterinary advisors. User-Generated Websites may include User-Generated Content from a wide variety of sources, including board certified veterinarians, trainers, and other professional service providers, as well as other Users. Users should understand that User-Generated Websites are a place to review and share information, but that the information has not been verified for accuracy and does not represent the opinions or positions of Get Your Pet. Get Your Pet cannot guarantee the timeliness, accuracy, efficacy, or veracity of any information provided at User-Generated Websites, nor the efficiency or applicability of any advice, opinions or content as they may be interpreted and applied to your pet.
If you choose to use the Site, its Applications, Services or Content, you do so at your own risk.
Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow exclusions of implied warranties, so some of these exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
Limitation of liability
The responsibilities of Get Your Pet are limited to facilitating the availability of the Site, its Applications, Services or Content. Even though we provide tools that may enable such transactions to occur, we specifically disclaim all liability relating to any transactions entered by Users of this Site, including, but not limited to, the enforceability of the transfer and adoption of an Animal, delivery of goods and services, and any other associated terms, conditions, warranties or representations.
You acknowledge and agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the entire risk arising out of your access to and use of the Site, its Services and Content (including User-Generated Content and Websites) and any contact you have with other Users, Animals or third parties through Get Your Pet, whether in person or online, remains with you. Neither Get Your Pet nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site, its Applications, Services or Content, will be liable for any indirect, general, compensatory, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, lost profits, loss of data or loss of goodwill, service interruption, computer damage or system failure or the cost of substitute products or services, or for any damages for personal or bodily injury or emotional distress arising out of or in connection with these Terms, or from the use of this Site, its Applications, Services or Content or from User-Generated Content or websites, communications, Interactions or meetings with other users of the Site, its Applications, Services or Content or other Animals or third parties with whom you communicate or interact as a result of your use of the Site, its Applications, Services or Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or any other legal theory and whether or not Get Your Pet has been informed of the possibility of such damage, even if a limited remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Get Your Pet disclaims any and all liability related to User-Generated Content and will not be responsible for any misleading, false, or otherwise injurious information and advice communicated through User-Generated Content or on User-Generated Websites, or for any results obtained from the use of such information or advice. Get Your Pet will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a User through the User’s reliance on information, content and advice appearing on our website.
Get Your Pet shall not be responsible for any loss, damage, liability or expense that may accompany or result from your use of links, domain names, brand names or logos, including but not limited to any computer virus; technical, hardware or software failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions. The granting of this Permission does not indicate nor should it be construed in any way to represent an endorsement by Get Your Pet of any materials on a web site containing a Get Your Pet domain name, brand name or logo or any other Get Your Pet intellectual property.
Get Your Pet and/or any other party involved in the creating, producing or delivering this website on our behalf shall have no liability or any responsibility whatsoever for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages, costs, losses or liabilities whatsoever and howsoever arising out of your access to, use, inability to use, change in content of this website or arising from any other website you access through a link from this website or to the extent permitted by applicable law, from any actions we take or fail to take as a result of any electronic mail messages you send us.
Get Your Pet shall have no responsibility to maintain the material and services made available on this website or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection therewith. Any material on this website is subject to change without notice.
Although Get Your Pet may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, Get Your Pet is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever arising from the content of any such locations including but not limited to any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. While Get Your Pet prohibits such User-Generated Content, Users understand and agree that they nonetheless may be exposed to prohibited conduct and content at their own risk.
You agree to release Get Your Pet, and to defend, indemnify, and hold Get Your Pet harmless, from and against any disputes, claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses of every kind, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Site, its Applications, Services or Content or your violation of these Terms; your User-Generated Content; and/or your interaction with any User, Animal or third party.
Accuracy, completeness and timeliness of information
We are not responsible if the information that we make available on our Site is not accurate or complete. Any reliance upon the material on our Site shall be at your own risk. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor any changes to the material and the information contained on our Site.
Jurisdiction and governing law
This Policy, which is an agreement between you and Get Your Pet is governed by the laws of the State of Pennsylvania without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Any dispute or legal proceeding relating to or arising from this Policy or your use of our services and/or the Site will be adjudicated solely by a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, and you expressly consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts. Get Your Pet and Users waive any right to a jury trial in connection with any litigation in connection with this Site, its Applications, Services or Content or this Agreement or any other controversy or claim involving Get Your Pet.
Legal notice update
Please note that we reserve the right to change, correct and otherwise modify these Terms and Conditions of Use from time to time and each modification will become effective once posted. Your continued use of this Site after the effective date of any such modification constitutes your acceptance of such modified agreement terms. Please refer to this page from time to time to review these and new additional information to ensure that you understand your current rights and obligations. We also suggest that you print or save a copy of these Terms and Conditions of Use for your records.